Friday, April 6, 2007

To my US Senator from Texas: Welcome to the 20th century, yes the 20th century!

My US Senator from Texas, Kay B. Hutchinson was touring my home town in south Texas yesterday and realized that we can produce more solar and wind power here in Texas for the rest of the country than we could with all the oil we are drilling. Her words were "we can produce more energy from one acre of sunshine than 800 barrels of oil." Well what do you know? Hey Senator guess what? The year is 2007 and Democrats and environmentalists have been saying that since the 1970s! I would welcome her to the 21st century but she is just now getting to the 20th century. So how about we stop trying to drill up alaska? Think she would vote for that? Unfortunately not. She has consistently voted to open up alaska to oil drillers. You know my good friends Al Gore and President Clinton suggested throughout their administrations in the 90s that we look for alternative fuels but nobody listened. Oh wait, I'm sorry some people did listen, Toyota Motors and other jap automakers starting making hybrids and they are killing out the American car makers like my good friends over at Ford and GM. And understand I mean no disrespect to the Japanese people but I refer to the gov't as Jap bc they continue their ridiculous whaling each year for "scientific purposes." What a crock. And alaska is no different so they get a "little a" instead of a capital A bc I have respect for their animals abusing ways either. They are no better than the Japs, Iceland, and esp canada. Stop the killing of innocent whales and seals!

No comments: